An assistant superintendent is a person that leads and coordinates all field activities for a particular project
including safety, subcontractors, in-house man power, equipment, product, and materials. This person reports to the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- DIVISION: Creative Builders Inc.
- LOCATION: Greenville, SC
- POSITION TITLE: Assistant Superintendent
- STATUS: Exempt, Salaried
- REPORTS TO: Project Manager and Superintendent
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Supervision of physical construction in strict accordance with the contract documents.
- Contribute to the development of a thoughtful project pre-plan.
- Ensure that work conforms to schedule and contract documents.
- Manage and maintain a good relationship with subcontractors.
- Manage and maintain a good relationship with owners of the project.
- Provides liaison between project management, field engineering, and subcontractors to ensure construction complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards.
- Keep superintendent informed while maintaining communication with owner, architect, and design professionals as needed to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfactions.
- Lead Pre-construction meetings with subcontractors and safety manager.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external record keeping requirements, with particular emphasis on accurately reflecting hours worked and proper coding of activities performed on time cards, billing and receipts.
- Obtain and code all delivery tickets with job number for all items delivered to job site and give them to the project manager in a timely manner.
- Advise superintendent of potential problems, work interference, or schedule difficulties, while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Provide assistance to field employees and subcontractors in problem resolution.
- Support construction schedule by ensuring for timely delivery or required material and equipment.
- Responsible for enforcing job site safety rules and regulations.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and schedule.
- Prepare and provide weekly project paperwork and daily logs.
- Travel depending on location of project.
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma/GED
Associates degree in construction science or management or equivalent combination of
training and work experience
- 1 year of experience in commercial construction / multifamily.
- Minimum 3 years of construction experience with a minimum of 1 year in a leadership capacity.
- Possess working knowledge of local and federal laws and regulations which govern construction.
- OSHA 10hr training a must / OSHA 30hr preferred.
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Aggressive problem solver
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills
- Possess high level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of personality type
- High level of integrity
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Possess “outside the box” thinking skills
- Possess high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to adapt in a non-routine, fast-paced and changing environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work long periods of time with little supervision
- Good attendance record
- High level of detail orientation
- Excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Strong time management skills