A project engineer is a person that helps with the pre-construction, execution, and close out of a construction project according to the company’s objectives and goals.
- DIVISION: Creative Builders Inc.
- LOCATION: Greenville, SC
- POSITION TITLE: Project Engineer
- STATUS: Exempt, Salaried
- REPORTS TO: Superintendent, Project Manager, CEO and COO
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Project Scheduling.
- Material Take-Offs
- Customer Service to Owners, Architects, Inspectors, etc.
- Managing project related paperwork including but not limited to change orders, purchase orders, RFI’s,Submittals, Transmittals, specs, etc.
- Assist project manager in reviewing shop drawings
- Maintain Current cost reporting and project information logs
- Assist with project punch list and project closeouts
- Meetings with superintendents
- Contract Documents
- Assist Project Manager in selection of subcontractors and all documents for subcontractors
- Preparation of reviews and estimates
- Secure required permits/utilities for projects.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and federal/state laws
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Ensure Safety Guidelines are followed at job sites.
- Bachelor’s degree construction science or management or realted field
- 1 year of experience in a project engineer role in commercial construction and/or
- Possess working knowledge of local and federal laws and regulations which govern
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent skills in reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Strong problem solver
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills
- Possess high level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of personality types
- High level of integrity
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Possess high level mathematical skills
- Possess high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work long periods of time with little supervision
- Good attendance record
- High level of detail orientation
- Excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient In On Screen Take Off