CBI is fortunate to be in need of an experienced multifamily superintendent. This person reports to the Project
Manager and the COO of CBI.
- DIVISION: Creative Builders Inc.
- LOCATION: Greenville, SC
- POSITION TITLE: Managing Superintendent
- STATUS: Exempt, Salaried
- REPORTS TO: Project Manager and COO
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:
- Supervision of physical construction in strict accordance with the contract documents.
- Contribute to the development of a thoughtful project pre-plan.
- Ensure that work conforms to schedule and contract documents.
- Manage and maintain a good relationship with subcontractors.
- Manage and maintain a good relationship with owners of the project.
- Provides liaison between project management, field engineering, and subcontractors to ensure construction
complies with plans, specifications and company quality standards.
- Keep senior management informed while maintaining communication with owner, architect, and design
professionals as needed to ensure compliance to design intent and owner satisfactions.
- Facilitates discovery and correction of contract document “error and omissions” and problem solving.
- Lead Pre-construction meetings with subcontractors and safety manager.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external record keeping requirements, with particular emphasis on
accurately reflecting hours worked and proper coding of activities performed on time cards, billing and
- Obtain and code all delivery tickets with job number for all items delivered to job site and give them to the
project manager in a timely manner.
- Advise project manager of potential problems, work interference, or schedule difficulties, while assisting
in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Provide assistance to field employees and subcontractors in problem resolution.
- Support construction schedule by ensuring for timely delivery or required material and equipment.
- Responsible for enforcing job site safety rules and regulations.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and schedule.
- Prepare and provide weekly project paperwork and daily logs.
- Travel depending on location of project.
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations.
- High School Diploma/GED
Associates degree in construction science or management or equivalent combination of
training and work experience
- 3 years of experience in multifamily wood frame construction.
Minimum 5 years of construction experience with a minimum of 3 years in a leadership
Possess working knowledge of local and federal laws and regulations which govern
OSHA 10hr training a must / OSHA 30hr preferred
First Aid/CPR Certified preferably
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Aggressive problem solver
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills
- Possess high level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work successfully with a variety of personality type
- High level of integrity
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Possess “outside the box” thinking skills
- Possess high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to adapt in a non-routine, fast-paced and changing environment with strict deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work long periods of time with little supervision
- Good attendance record
- High level of detail orientation
- Excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Strong time management skills